That picture there is from the halfway point on the Tough Ten. I finished it, which was objective 1. Objective 2, finishing under 10 minute miles also good. Objective 3, finishing under 9 minute miles, not achieved (see times below). All told, I felt pretty good throughout, even bursting into song during some points (Mexican Radio, Suspicious Minds), I think I was getting large doses of endorphins during those points, really. Thanks so much to my friend, Penny, who organized the race and personally handed me an application a couple of months ago, in plenty of time to train (though I could have gotten under 9 minute miles, I'm sure).
I may do the Forestry 5K next weekend, before my friends wedding and the Arkansas game.
Playlist
Turn It On -Flaming Lips
Crazy -Gnarls Barkley
Modern Love -David Bowie
Caught Up In You -.38 Special
Push Th' Little Daisies -Ween
Houses In Motion -Talking Heads
Whip It -Devo (this one probably drove that 8:48 mile)
Save It For Later -English Beat
Mexican Radio -Wall of Voodoo
Come As You Are -Nirvana
Once In A Lifetime -Talking Heads
Wow and Flutter -Stereolab
The Wizard Turns On -Flaming Lips
Seven Nation Army -White Stripes
Sugar -Imperial Teen
Queen Bitch -David Bowie
Electric Avenue -Eddy Grant
Suspicious Minds -Elvis Presley
Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell -Flaming Lips
Heroes -David Bowie
Lust for Live -Iggy Pop
Give It Up of Turnit Loose -James Brown
Ruby -Kaiser Chiefs (I was wearing my Kaizer Chiefs cap)
Calling Dr. Love -KISS
Times (by mile)
M1 9:25
M2 8:48
M3 9:33
M4 9:15
M5 9:25
M6 9:13
M7 9:11
M8 9:22
M9 9:04
M10 9:11
Total 1:32:28
Distance 10.0 miles
Cumulative distance 22.2 miles
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Tough Ten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment