Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Morning Toomer's

First run of October, and it was a good one. I did register for the Tough Ten, but I knew I had to get a long one in before even thinking about actually doing it. After my last debacle on a 6+, I had to get a good one in. I thought about going out last night, late, but also thought in spite of my typical morning inertia, I had to do it in broad daylight. The weather this morning was optimal, just a bit cool as I left the house. I ran the route down University to Donahue, up to Magnolia and past Toomer's corner (pictured above, following yesterday's blowout of Louisiana-Monroe), and down Gay over to Armstrong, and then down College to the Art Museum and back via Gay, University, Wright's Mill, Tanglewood.

Playlist
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) -AC/DC
Mama Africa -Peter Tosh
Black Country Rock -David Bowie
Electric Avenue -Eddy Grant
The W.A.N.D. -Flaming Lips
Atomic Dog -George Clinton
Lust For Life -Iggy Pop
Suffragette City -David Bowie
Ruby -Kaiser Chiefs
Sour Cherry -the Kills
Calling Dr. Love -KISS
Big Chief -Professor Longhair
Candy Store Rock -Led Zeppelin
Swimming Ground -Meat Puppets
All Apologies -Nirvana
The Sky is Fallin' -Queens of the Stone Age
Driver 8 -R.E.M.

Times
L1 16:05
L2 18:36
L3 5:24
L4 7:14
L5 7:48
L6 3:33
L7 12:07
L8 0:47

Distance 7.2 miles
Cumulative distance 7.2 miles

No comments: