Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Long+Heat Exhaustion=Walking

There's been a heat exhaustion warning throughout much of the south over the past few days. When I started out this morning, I thought it seemed all right, though very humid, and overcast. So I opted for a long run, down Ogletree, not sure how I'd come back, either by doubling back, or coming back via Moore's Mill, or cutting it shorter by coming up Windway. I decided to take the middle route, distancewise, and come back via Moore's Mill and University. As I got to the intersection of Ogletree and Moore's Mill, I thought I needed a little break so I stopped to walk for a little bit. I did get going, but decided to walk up the big hill to Grove Hill as well. Then I walked a bit again. It was pretty hot and miserable out there, so I really didn't want to hurt myself.

Playlist
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) -AC/DC
Italian Leather Sofa -CAKE
It's Summertime -Flaming Lips
Gimme Shelter -Rolling Stones
Black Hole Sun -Soundgarden
Hands All Over -Soundgarden
Don't Sh*t Where You Eat -Ween
Once in a Lifetime -Talking Heads
Fat Bottomed Girls -Queen
Come As You Are -Nirvana
Burn the Honkey Tonk Down -Meat Puppets
Back in Black -AC/DC
Across the Universe -the Beatles
Iron Man -Black Sabbath
Tougher Than It Is -Cake
Queen B*tch -David Bowie
Watching the Detectives -Elvis Costello
What Is Life -George Harrison

Times
L1 9:09
L2 13:12
L3 21:16
L4 (walk) 4:58
L5 6:04
L6 (walk) 4:15
L7 9:08
L8 (walk) 4:53
L9 3:54
L10 0:51
Total 1:17:41

Distance 7.0 miles - 0.5 walking =6.5 miles
Cumulative 14.8 miles (just about back on track)

No comments: