I finally have been able to get back out on the road, for a short run. Today was the first day that I even felt like it may be possible in a while. I've been on antibiotics (didn't really help, must be a virus), and an expectorant (although my cough hasn't been too productive), and an albuterol inhaler, which has helped more than anything else. And I've been sucking on Ricola by the bagful, which has helped some, but meant a lot of sugar intake.
My tidal volume is slowly coming back. The coughing fits are getting more controllable. And I've been able to return to bed with my wife, rather than self-imposed exile to the futon. Somebody should be getting some sleep, no? The coughing was so bad it would make my head and back ache, more than anything else. That, and the feeling of breathing through a coffee stirrer.
Anyway, the albuterol has been a big help, and thankfully, I'm not a real athlete, who might be banned for using such a substance. No, I guess it's not really a banned substance.
I was worried, as I am during any hiatus, that the SLOTH may creep back in, and I'd never get my feet back on the concrete. So for that reason as well, it's nice to get out, even for a short run.
Playlist. African
Sini Lindile -Nganeziyamfisa No Khambalomvaleliso
Mondo Soul Funky -Ebo Taylor Jr. & Wuta Wazuri
Nansi Imali -Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Total time out: 13:40. Short, but I'll take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment