Two points make a line, and so you can say I'm back on track. I went back over the Interstate, up past Town Creek Park, to the stop sign. I thought of this as a short run. But after such a long hiatus, the hills felt a lot steeper, and my pace was a bit slower, and I did make it without expiring. For some reason, the them of the playlist was songs by artists in the G's through J's.
The Playlist
A Little Better -Gnarls Barkley. This felt like an appropriate song to kick off on. Nice, triumphant and inspirational tone.
Our Lips Are Sealed -The Go-Gos
The Jackass Song -Harry Belafonte
Paint The White House Black -George Clinton. A prescient ditty from the early Bill Clinton years. You may think George Clinton should be filed under C, or Harry Belafonte under B, but then you wouldn't be my Tune-O-Matic.
Sufferer's Time -The Heptones.
I Gotcha -Joe Tex
Police and Thieves -Junior Murvin. I much prefer this original version to the Clash's version. Sorry, The Clash.
25 Minutes to Go -Johnny Cash. An upbeat song about capital punishment.
Total time: 31:29
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Songs in the Key of G through J
Labels:
gnarls barkley,
go-gos,
harry belafonte,
jog,
johnny cash,
Lee 'Scratch' Perry,
p-funk,
playlist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment