Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Africa mix again

I got out again today after a 6 day hiatus. I went out to visit Missoula, Montana, which looks to have some excellent places to go running/hiking/biking/fishing/skiing etc.etc.etc. I didn't run while I was out there, but did go on a couple of hikes, which weren't strenuous at all, but were loads of fun. Today's playlist went back to Africa. Lots of Fela news showing up in the Facebook-o-sphere, so I started with one of his 22 minute opera. This picture is at the turnaround, at the entrance to Chewacla State Park, (which I like to call Chocolate Cake Park, for no real reason), The one below is just before the turnaround, about 1/8 mile.

Playlist

Just Like That -Fela Anikulapo Kuti and Egypt 80

Marie Jose -Ryco Jazz

Sakutumbe -African Brothers

Time

Home->SS1 9:34

SS1->SS2 8:26

SS2->SS1 8:23

SS1->Home 9:08

Total: 35:33

Total 35:33
Most excellent splits, I'm quite happy with that. Faster on leg 4 than leg 1. Statistically identical on 3 and 4. I was able to pick it up a bit on the last hill, which was awesome.


No comments: