After a rainy and blustery Christmas, this morning was bright and cheery. It being Sunday, most of Golden Gate Park is closed off to car traffic, so I thought I'd take advantage for a long run today. Amongst the gifts under the family tree was a tuneomatic gift certificate, which I promptly applied toward the purchase of Lion of Soweto, a compilation of the works of Mahlathini. It was this that I listened to as I ran through the beautiful Golden Gate Park, admiring the Rose Garden, the Botanical Garden, the Conservatory of Flowers, and other features. I almost got up to the one hour mark, which is a good sign. I could have gone for it without too much trouble, but given that I went yesterday and I'm trying to build up, I didn't think it wise to push it for that artificial goal.
Playlist (Lion of Soweto [LoS] plus some additional Indestructible Beat of Soweto [IBoS])
Baba-Ye -LoS
Bayasazi -LoS
Kudala Besifuna -LoS
Kwa Mfazi Onge Mama -LoS
Bhula Mngoma -LoS
Kumnyama Endlini -LoS
Kumnandi Emgababa -LoS
Amagoduka -LoS
Mahlalela -LoS
Abake Ba Bonana -LoS
Bayasimenmeza -LoS
Ngibuzindlela -LoS
Ilele Insizwa -LoS
Ngiphelekezele -LoS
Emthonjeni Womculo -IBoS
Ngicabange Ngaqeda -IBoS
Qhude Manikiniki -IBoS
Indoda Yejazi Elimnyama -Amaswazi Emvelo (IBoS)
Times
L1 9:15
L2 33:19
L3 9:03
Total 51:38
Distance 5.2 miles
Cumulative distance 19.1 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment