Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sonoma Valley Regional Park

Last Sunday I engaged in something I'd rather not do: drive somewhere to go jogging. We're up in Glen Ellen, in Sonoma County California, and there's not much of an alternative.
The alternatives are to go up and down the short landing strip several times, or to drive for five minutes to get to Sonoma Valley Regional Park. SVRP is a nice place for a short jog.
Playlist
Thul'ulalele -Amaswazi Emvelo
Beaux Dimanches -Amadou and Mariam
Lady Luck -Billy Eckstine. A recent addition to the Tune-o-matic. I have this one CD (No Cover, No Minimum), and some 45's by Mr. B.
Never Get Weary -Toots and the Maytals
Bedy -Kanda Bongo Man
The Battle of Evermore -Led Zeppelin. Okay, one of these things is not like the others, and there is a reason. I received a 'tater bug mandolin as a Xmas present, and I've been trying to learn to play it. As with most instruments I've picked up, I come to enjoy songs that feature the new instrument, so there may be more mandolin-containing or mandolin adaptable songs in future playlists.
Total time: 25:48.

No comments: