I've taken a week off. I blame my children, which I admit is an awful thing to do. However, since I've been with them by myself for the past week, I plead parenting as priority over peripatry. Now my wife is back, and we just got her some new running shoes today. So we may start running together, Hooray!
It's cold out there, at least it feels cold. The weather station says 30 degrees, though most other folks around the country are under snow and such. I had to warm up with a lap around the neighborhood before embarking on the path over the Interstate, which I now prefer. The dogs now have a fenced yard, so they don't require my walking/running services quite so much.
I did go a bit long, which I like to do after a long rest. A week is too long though.
In any event, the playlist. It started out with a genre, then spiraled into lunacy. I just listened to whatever I felt.
Jeepster -T. Rex. My latest fave song.
Girls Got Rhythm -AC/DC. Continuing to explore the oeuvre of Australia's ambassadors of Rock
Midnight Rider -The Allman Brothers.
Sugar Never Tasted So Good -White Stripes. This song reminds me of a former co-worker whom I just reconnected with.
Sweet Home Alabama -Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Turn It On -The Flaming Lips
Good Old Funky Music -The Meters
Higher Ground -Stevie Wonder
The Sky Is Falling -Queens of the Stone Age
Gnawoe -Orchestre Baobab
Time out: about 45 minutes. I didn't start the timer until about halfway through Jeepster.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Slackin' again
Labels:
ac/dc,
allmans,
Flaming Lips,
jog,
meters,
orchestra baobab,
playlist,
QOTSA,
skynyrd,
SLOTH,
Stevie Wonder,
t. rex,
true confessions,
white stripes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment