So today I did a few things that I HATE doing. Shortened up a route, and walked. Since I started this blog, I can't remember a time where I actually had to walk rather than just slowing down. Factors involved made it necessary.
1. I've taken a whole week off. I didn't mean to, but since my younger daughter is now out of school, I'm taking care of her, and haven't wanted to revert to night running.
2. It's hot out there, and I didn't get out until it was about the heat of the day. Not used to it, and like I've said previously, I should avoid it.
3. Last night's dinner was exceptionally heavy. Ribs AND chopped pork bbq plus corn on the cob (fried). I ate a rather anemic looking salad as well, then probably surprised my guts with the invasion of the pork brigade.
I'm somewhat glad I did it though. It's a fine line between pushing myself and just being stupid. It's a bad precedent to set though, for not too particularly long runs. I tried to do the UDMGAG, but went straight down Gay instead of the jog over to Armstrong (and the other jog down Payne). I walked from Samford/Gay to Woodfield/Gay, which a good chunk of walking, but I didn't want to have to stop a second time. I did get out on a fairly short bike ride the other day, but otherwise I've been rather a SLOTH. Bah.
Playlist- Cinco de Mayo, new stuff, and old stuff.
Mexico -Cake
Mexican Radio -Wall of Voodoo
Suspicious Minds -Elvis Presley
Roxanne -the Police
It's Summertime -Flaming Lips
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic -the Police
Show Some Emotion -Joan Armatradding
Give It Up or Turnit Loose -James Brown
For Your Life -Led Zeppelin
Enchanted Pork Fist -Meat Puppets
Rock and Roll, Part 2 -Gary Glitter
Speaking in Tongues -Eagles of Death Metal
The Humpty Dance -Digital Underground
Andy Warhol -David Bowie
Chiney Man -Culture
Beautiful Delilah -Chuck Berry
Meanwhile, Rick James... -Cake
War Pigs -Black Sabbath
Times
L1 14:27
L2 17:05
L3 4:45
L4 7:05
L5 12:03
L6 12:13
L7 1:07
Total 1:08:46
Distance 6.6 (includes 0.6 walking)
In other news, I went back and found my time in the Forest Preserve 5k when I ran it in 2006. 26:24. So I've improved quite a bit since then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment