Monday, May 24, 2010

New Shoes

Finally got myself some new shoes. New Balance 993s, following the New Balance 992s. I like them because they're pretty tough in the support department, which I need given the state of my knees. I also like them because they're the last athletic shoe made in the U.S.of A. I got them on Friday evening, and just tried them out today, on the short loop down to Chewacla and back.

Summer is hitting with a vengeance. A friend of my commented, "jeez, Summer, you could have bought me dinner first or something". It doesn't help that my little one is sleeping in, which keeps me off the road until 10:00 or so. Fortunately, I had a big quaff of H2O a few minutes before the slog.

Playlist
No Expectations -Rolling Stones
Xtabenium -Acme Rocket Quartet
F*ckin' with My Head -Beck
Alone + Easy Target -Foo Fighters
Over the Hills and Far Away -Led Zeppelin
Oh, Me -Meat Puppets
Walking on the Moon -the Police
Black Hole Sun -Soundgarden

Times
L1 8:48
L2 7:23
L3 7:32
L4 7:08
L5 (the kick, Tanglewood to Millbranch) 0:52
Total 31:43
Still a bit slow, but I'll get there. My calf is telling me it's still not fully resolved. I wonder if it ever will as long as I keep running.

Distance
3.5 miles

No comments: