Monday, June 6, 2011

Stinky Hat

A route with lots of new terra incognita today. I ran up over the interstate and went left down University, then up into Town Creek Park and around the pond to the left. Out to Gay Street and up to Woodfield, up to the Art Museum and left to Kimberly. Straight down Kimberly back to University and down to Town Creek again. Around the pond to the right this time, and back home via Gay Street, University, Wright's Mill, etc. I was a bit worried about my condition, as a canoe trip on the Tallapoosa River on Saturday left my torso skin fried and my feet cut up with lots of little cuts. When I started out today, my left knee was a little tender, and I felt like I was a bit wobbly. After the first half mile or so, I was feeling loose and well oiled, but my knee was bothering me again a bit at about mile 3. On top of all that, my running favorite running hat stinks. I've tried washing it twice, but it still smells pretty horrific. Maybe I'll try washing it again.

Playlist
Notion -Kings of Leon
Profanity Prayers -Beck
Rock & Roll -Lou Reed
Where It's At -Beck
Superunknown -Soundgarden
Moonage Daydream -David Bowie
The Stallion Part 3 -Ween
Crosseyed and Painless -Talking Heads
Mustache Man (Wasted) -CAKE
Party in the USA -Miley Cyrus
Fireflies -Owl City

Times
L1 18:23 (Home to Woodfield)
L2 3:36 (Woodfield to Museum)
L3 6:56 (Museum to end of Kimberly)
L4 2:12 (Kimberly to Town Creek?)
L5 4:26 (Through Town Creek)
L6 8:14 (Gay Street to Home)
Total 43.47

Distance 4.7 miles
Cumulative distance 7.8 miles

No comments: