Monday, August 15, 2011

Cooler

More nighttime running. The temperature dropped a good bit today. I ran Gay/Samford/College/Woodfield/home with a little extra bit at the end. I ate a pretty large dinner, with beer and potato chips and cake, which is a thing I do on most Mondays. I then came home and took a short rest, which I often do. When I got I, I thought I'd hit the road, because I was feeling like it, but once I got out, all that crappy food caught up with me. I didn't feel awful, but I wasn't going fast and I didn't feel great until towards the end when I felt a bit better. At least I felt better enough to tack a bit on. I listened to one of my new CDs from Amoeba, a collection of African psychedelia put together by David Byrne (of Talking Heads fame) on his Luaka Bop label. Most of it doesn't sound too psychedelic to me, rather more there are a lot of other influences evident as well.

Playlist -Love's a Real Thing (World Psychedelic Classics 3-Africa)
Minsato Le, Mi Dayihome -Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou Dahomey
Love's a Real Thing -Super Eagles
Keleya -Moussa Doumbia
Ceddo End Title -Manu Dibango
Porra -Sorry Bamba
Guajira Van -No. 1 de No. 1
Better Change Your Mind -William Onyeabor
Allah Wakbarr -Ofo & The Black Company
Awon-Ojise-Oluwa -Gaspar Lawal

Times
L1 13:23
L2 6:28
L3 7:47
L4 3:32
L5 11:14
L6 3:05
L7 0:55
Total 46:24

Distance 4.9 miles
Cumulative 19.4 miles. *Almost* half way there.

No comments: