Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back in Sweat Home Alabama

And I do mean sweat. It's been muggy and hot, though not as hot as a lot of other places in the southeast where it's been totally unbearable. I've been off partly because of sloth and fear of melting into a puddle of saline ooze, and partly because of work and no childcare and temporary single-parenting and baseball addiction.

However, tonight is the last night of summer vacation for my girls, and I felt I was overdue for a run, which I am now, so I doffed my shirt and hit the road after the last out of the Red Sox-Twins, which coupled with the Yankees loss means happy good news for me, though a late start for a long run.

I ran to Toomer's, which was pretty quiet this time of night on a Tuesday between semesters, so now I'm pretty well back on track for the time being, except I don't think I should do all of it in large chunks like that (large for me, 5+ miles).

Playlist
Dirty Water -the Standells
Honky Tonk Women -the Rolling Stones
I Lost It -Lucinda Williams
Big Time -Peter Gabriel
I Zimbra -Talking Heads
Bust a Move -Young MC
Caught Up In You -.38 Special
Black Country Rock -David Bowie
Way Over Yonder In the Minor Key -Billy Bragg and Wilco
Party in the USA -Miley Cyrus
Search and Destroy -Iggy Pop
Ruby -Kaiser Chiefs
Emperor Tomato Ketchup -Stereolab
Wow and Flutter -Stereolab

Times
L1 12:29
L2 6:18
L3 5:58
L4 4:57
L5 6:39
L6 3:32
L7 11:29
L8 0:54
Total 52:15

Distance 5.6 miles
Cumulative 11.0 miles

No comments: