Sunday, October 30, 2011

Injury time out!

I set out to complete my monthly quota today, a nice clear, crisp autumn day. I decided to hit the University/Donahue/Magnolia/Gay route, and had gotten past Woodfield on Gay Street when my calf, which had been tender, went pop. I had to start walking there, and hobbled back home. Sadly, assuming I can't get out before the end of tomorrow, this means I'll be a fraction short of my monthly goal, though I did get one of three half-marathons out of the way, and registered for a second one in January. I think it happened at Gay/Samford. I crossed the street and stumbled on the curb at the gas station there. I managed to right myself, but I definitely got contorted, and nearly bit the concrete.

Playlist -lots of reggae
Three Little Birds Bob Marley
Dead Flowers Rolling Stones
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) the Proclaimers
Spoonman Soundgarden
Can't You Hear Me Knocking Rolling Stones
Peace Treaty Peter Tosh
Genius of Love Tom Tom Club
Walk On The Wild Side Lou Reed
Turn It On Flaming Lips
Chant A Psalm Steel Pulse
Up On The Sun Meat Puppets
Mama Africa Peter Tosh
Electric Avenue Eddy Grant
Rastafari Is Peter Tosh

Times:
L1 13:42
L2 17:12
L3 4:31
L4 5:23
L5 5:31
L6 3:17
(Walked home, 23:10)

Distance (ran, walked the last mile and a half) 5.3 miles
Cumulative distance 38.2 miles.

No comments: