Sunday, March 18, 2012

Double dippin'

Took a few days off, went up to Atlanta with a dear friend, ended up spending the night on Friday, and didn't get out yesterday. So today another dear friend of mine invited me out for a bike ride in Tuskegee National Forest, on the Pleasant Hill Trail. We went, he and I and his son. It turned into another misadventure, though no bones broken, only an inner tube, and I spilled over the handlebars three times. Distance on that was only about five miles.

When I got home, I felt like hitting the road again, only metaphorically this time. So I suited up and went on my four mile, up to Samford and back. In spite of being beat up and a little tired, and it being warm, I actually increased my pace a bit. Maybe it's the shorter route compared to what I've been doing.

Playlist David Bowie
Life on Mars? from "Hunky Dory"
Queen Bitch from "Hunky Dory"
Oh! You Pretty Things from "Hunky Dory"
Diamond Dogs from "Diamond Dogs"
Heroes from "Heroes"
Black Country Rock from "The Man Who Sold The World"
The Width of A Circle from "The Man Who Sold The World"
The Man Who Sold The World from "The Man Who Sold The World"

Distance 4.02 miles
Cumulative 28.05 miles
Time 35:21
Pace min/mi 8:47

No comments: