Today was notable for no fewer than three reasons.
Momentous occasion 1. It was a crappy crappy day, at least at the very end, so I thought about going home and drinking my problems away. But on my way home, I encountered many jogger brethren and sistren, so I thought maybe I’d run my problems off instead. To be brutally honest, this was a bold step forward for me.
Momentous occasion 2. I made it to the 1 hour mark, which extends my previous long by eight minutes. I thought about punishing myself with two laps around the fat part of the sportscentrum yesterday, but realized it was better not to, after the week off. But today I thought I could and I should do it, so I did. I really don’t know how long it is, but I know it’s twice as long as usual, so that must count for something. Momentous occasion 2.5. This is also the first time I went running on two consecutive days I started again.
Momentous occasion 3. An all Talking Heads playlist! Let’s see if I can remember it all in order…
Crosseyed and Painless –from Remain In Light. This song had a great video, choreographed by Toni Basil (as in Oh Mickey, you’re so fine…)
Making Flippy Floppy –from Speaking In Tongues.
Warning Sign –from The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads. One of my favorite TH songs, evar. Funky and fun to play. Ooh my hair! I move it around a lot!
Don’t Worry About The Government –from The Name of This Band… One of those songs that seems to transcend most situations, seems equally applicable in the USA or here in South Africa right now.
Memories (Can’t Wait) -from the Name of This Band… Living Color covered this song, which only made both acts cooler, in my humble opinion.
Once In A Lifetime –from Remain In Light. Another of my favorite TH songs. I think the Peace Corps should use this song for an advertisement. I’d be glad to volunteer my directing skills.
Burning Down The House –from Speaking in Tongues. A commercial success, and a great song. Can’t help but think of Revenge of the Nerds, though.
What A Day That Was –from Stop Making Sense.
Life During Wartime –from Stop Making Sense. “This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around.”
I think I may have missed a couple, but whatever. I’m celebratin’ with some tasty salad, featuring the most buttery avocado I’ve ever eaten. Yum!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment