Saturday, September 11, 2010

Run with a purpose

I've ended up taking the week off, not on purpose. Today, though, I had the opportunity to run with a practical objective, namely to fetch my wife's car from a friends house. We'd taken two cars, and left one there, so I opted to run the 3 or so miles rather than figuring out some alternative.
It had gotten quite hot and muggy out there, and so it was tougher than I was expecting, especially with a big drop in elevation toward the end. Our friends live out near the elementary school, so it was up and over, then down Ogletree a bit, and then down.

Playlist
Mambo Sun -T. Rex
Black Country Rock -David Bowie
Back in Black -AC/DC
Jean Genie -David Bowie
No More Tears -Ozzy Osbourne
Peg -Steely Dan
Burning Down the House -Talking Heads

Times
L1 8:40
L2 11:21
L3 8:27
Total 28:28

Distance 3.0 miles
Cumulative distance 5.3 miles

No comments: