Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finishing January

Last run of the month, and it felt pretty good. Up to Samford and back, just as dusk was settling into evening. It was warm enough to go without spandex, and comfortable in a long sleeve t-shirt. Cool, but not cold; almost perfect weather for a run.

On Saturday I went for a paddle on Hatchett Creek up in Coosa County with some friends. It was a pleasant enough day, but the river was rather rough, and I'm sorry I took my daughters with me. It was more of an adventure than any of us had bargained for, and it left me quite beat up. Fortunately I had my Five Fingers on, which kept my feet from getting cut to ribbons, though my knee felt pretty banged up. I'm OK now, though, and the run this evening felt good.

Playlist
Watermelon Man Herbie Hancock
Change Clothes Jay-Z
Show Some Emotion Joan Armatradding
What Is And What Should Never Be Led Zeppelin
Walk On The Wild Side Lou Reed
Up On The Sun Meat Puppets
Radio Free Europe REM
Round And Round Ratt

Times
L1 12:14
L2 6:03
L3 5:48
L4 10:26
L5 0:42
Total 35:13
Distance 4.0 miles
Cumulative distance 40.5 miles

No comments: