Sunday, February 26, 2012

Closing In on the Goal for February

I tried a new route this evening: Up to Gay, then right at Thach to Chewacla (Street, not the State Park), and down to Samford. Then up the hill to Dumas, and around to Wright's Mill down to University, and home. I thought it would have been longer, but it came out to be 5.4 miles. In my mind, I thought I could finish the month's goal with this one effort, but I didn't want to push it and finish with a big greedy bite; better to take it in two. I wore the compression suit, although it was just about 50 F when I left the house. I was still feeling a little heavy with dinner, too, though that was worked out about 2 miles in. Overall, I felt good.

I also wish to note that if there is any song that expresses joy moreso than "Cooperation", I'm not sure my heart could stand to hear it. That song just nails it.

Playlist
Vibrate On Lee "Scratch" Perry
Over the Hills and Far Away Led Zeppelin
Rudie Can't Fail the Clash
The Man Who Sold the World David Bowie
Mexican Radio Wall of Voodoo
Jane Says Jane's Addiction
Stay Close to Me Bad Brains
Cooperation Franco & Sam Mangwana
Can't You Hear Me Knocking Rolling Stones
San Ber'dino Frank Zappa

Time: 48:06
Distance 5.4 miles
Cumulative 37.1 miles
Pace 8:56 min/mi

No comments: