Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome, Kings of Leon

Newish route today. There was a big event at Town Creek Park, so both sides of Gay Street had cars parked along them, making it less appealing as a return route. I've done most of the bits and pieces except the sidewalk between the museum and Donahue along College. Also discovered that Kimberly Road cuts through between University and College, which is news to me. I didn't run it, I just saw it on the map. I also nearly got smooshed by a car that wasn't expecting to see me in the bike lane. Fortunately, a stern "HO!" was the only necessary action to avoid any unpleasantness.

It's starting to get a bit warmer out there, so I'm glad I got out just a wee bit earlier. Pretty soon I'll have to be up ridiculously early to avoid melting in the sun.

I made a recent deposit into the Bank of Tunes-O-Matic, which was burning a hole in my digital pocket, so I decided to invest in some new tunes. Under the influence of WEGL, and the stamp of approval of Mr. Vince Noir, I decided to buy some Kings of Leon, namely the album Only By The Night

Playlist
(Only By the Night, Kings of Leon)

Times
L1 13:14 (Home to Woodfield)
L2 3:44 (Stop sign to Museum)
L3 6:52 (Museum to Donahue/University)
L4 14:18 (D/U to last stop sign)
L5 0:47 (home stretch)
Total 38:55

Distance 4.1 miles
Cumulative distance 32.6 miles.

No comments: