Wednesday, September 28, 2011

West Pace mileage recalculation

Have I been miscalculating? So my newer longer route out the bike path I previously had at, what, 7. something? Now I remeasure and it comes out around 6.8. Boo. That burns me up a bit. Anyway, I did this route plus a little extra, and it came out to 7.3 miles. I often find it difficult mentally to go past my designated finish point, so today I wanted to break myself of that habit and push just a little bit further. So I went around the block for an extra 0.4. This month, anyway, I know I've got an honest 39+ logged, and enough to fill in, in case I shorted myself on any of the previous months by my poor measuring skills, self-directed blame which I share with gmap-pedometer. No wait, on looking back the fault is entirely my own. The 7.8 mile route included Old Wright's Mill, which added an extra mile. And I think I only botched one other run, in this month, so I think it's okay, I only have to do a little bit of editing to fix everything. Tonight I heading up to Birmingham to see one of my favorite bands, Meat Puppets at the Bottletree. I added their new album to the end of this playlist, and only got into the first two songs.

Playlist mostly mellow
Dead Flowers Rolling Stones
Jack-Ass Beck
Who Loves the Sun Velvet Underground
Rainy Day Woman Waylon Jennings
Burning Down the House Talking Heads
Where I'm From Shelby Lynne
Life on Mars? Seu Jorge
Gardening At Night R.E.M.
Windy and Warm Richard Kiser
Ambulance Blues Neil Young
Walk On the Wild Side Lou Reed
Smile Lily Allen
Notion Kings of Leon
Slavedriver Jenny and Johnny
It's Summertime Flaming Lips
Incomplete Meat Puppets
Orange Meat Puppets

Times
L1 8:16
L2 6:39
L3 12:22
L4 8:57
L5 8:57
L6 7:29
L7 7:07
L8 0:58
L9 3:22
L10 0:56
Total 1:05:04
I did manage to achieve 6.8 miles in just over an hour, so it does make finishing the half marathon in under 2 hours seem plausible if not likely.

Distance 7.3 miles
Cumulative distance 51.4 miles. I've gone back to my last run on this route and edited the mileage, so everything should be correct now.

No comments: