Friday, September 16, 2011

Ogletree longtime

This morning I debated going on this route again. On the one hand, I'm on track for my monthly quota and pride precedes a fall; so why overextend? On the other hand, I'm training for a half marathon, and long miles is the way to train. I've been getting back to that point where I feel really giddy after a run, jazzed on endorphins if you will, rarin' to get back out. Some days I feel like I should go on a second run. So, all in all, good. I did go out Ogletree to Moore's Mill and back. I'm also actively trying to shed a few pounds. I'd like to break the 2 hour mark on the half marathon, not that I want to burn up the track, but dropping a couple of # would help that and decrease the stress on the rest of my body.

Playlist another eclectic one
Cool It Down -Velvet Underground
Andy Warhol -David Bowie
Born Free -M.I.A.
Dixie Chicken -Little Feat
Fireflies -Owl City
Chiney Man -Culture
Shadow Stabbing -CAKE
Mason's Children -Grateful Dead
Notion -Kings of Leon
Party in the USA -Miley Cyrus
Here It Goes Again -OK Go
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) -The Proclaimers
Salt of the Earth -Rolling Stones
Mexican Radio -Wall of Voodoo
I Am the Fly -Wire
C.R.E.A.M -WuTang Clan
Buddy Holly -Weezer
Buckingham Green -Ween
Qhude Manikiniki -Umahlathini Nabo
Genius of Love -Tom Tom Club
She Blinded Me With Science -Thomas Dolby

Times
L1 8:14
L2 11:40
L3 18:45
L4 18:23
L5 12:35
L6 7:30
L7 0:46
Total 1:17:52

Distance 8.6 miles
Cumulative distance 32.6 miles, only halfway done with the month of September and under 6 to go for my quota. I must go beyond though. And to top it off, I reckon this time is a PB. Woot.

No comments: