So today is what, my third or fourth day in a row? Starting out today, my calves were most sore, but now I think I have a blister on the bottom of my right foot which hurts a little more. I think I'm feeling a big endorphin rush, not just heart attack paranoia. I'm planning on starting to run in some races in the area. Not to compete, I don't think I stand a chance, but rather to go on routes that are actually measured. Today I thought I'd try one of these routes, since it's nearby enough. It will be a 5K, so I ran it. I tried to get my time for the actual 5K, but didn't quite time the lap correctly.
The Route
Gay Loftin Wright's Mill Janet Heard Dumas Wright's Mill Samford Gay
Playlist
Queen Bitch -David Bowie
Andy Warhol -David Bowie
Indoda Yejazi Elimnyama -Amaswazi Emvelo
Dadje Von O Von Non -Gnonnas Pedro et Ses Dadjes
Wahine U'i -Gabby Pahinui
Birds in the Treetop -Ras Michael and the Sons of Negus
Can't Forget About You -Nas
Ghettochip Malfunction -Beck
Highway to Hell -AC/DC
Iron Man -Black Sabbath
Times (a bit confused)
L1 8:36
L2 (mostly the 5 k, plus about 2 minutes) 25:27
L3 (Loftin -> home) 6:16
Total 40:20. So I thought I thumbed the lap when I got on the actual 5K route, but I didn't. I thumbed it when I found the error, about 2:30 later or so. The last split was from the end of the 5K loop home, and was similar to the same length on the way out. So really if I add the difference between L1 and L3 (2:20), then my 5K time is about 27:47 , which is pretty OK for me.
Friday, January 29, 2010
5k plus
Labels:
ac/dc,
Africa,
beck,
Black Sabbath,
david bowie,
Gabby Pahinui,
Indestructible Beat,
jog,
Nas,
new route,
playlist,
Ras Michael
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment