Well, this was the first time I paid to go running in a while. It was a lot of fun. The course ran from the top of Chewacla State Park, down to the Shel Toomer Bike Path and back to the top of Chewacla. I was a bit afraid of the climb back to the top, but it wasn't so bad. I had a lot of gas left for the kick, and passed a few people accelerating up the last hills. I made it in under an hour, so I'm happy with that for a first race in a few years.
For the playlist, I made an on-the-go one, so the songs played in
alphabetical order.
Playlist
Academia -Sia
Atomic Dog -George Clinton
Aurora Borealis -Meat Puppets
Bang a Gong (Get It On) -T.Rex
Bicycle Race -Queen
California Love -2Pac, Dr. Dre, and Roger Troutman
Clampdown -The Clash
Dixie Chicken -Little Feat
Exactly Where I'm At -Ween
Fish, Chips, and Sweat -Funkadelic
Girl -Beck
Give It Up Or Turnit Loose -James Brown
Ham 'N Eggs -A Tribe Called Quest
Hang On St. Christopher -Tom Waits
Hit It and Quit It -Funkadelic
Iron Man -Black Sabbath
Time (by my mark)
58:40
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Love Your Heart 10K
Labels:
10K,
beck,
Black Sabbath,
Chewacla,
James Brown,
Little Feat,
meat puppets,
p-funk,
queen,
race,
Shel Toomer,
Sia,
spandex,
t. rex,
the clash,
Tom Waits,
ween
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment