So the last two nights haven't worked out, but I did get out tonight. Problems: I enjoy dinner and drinking beer too much. I probably shouldn't eat so much dinner, as a rule, but I realize that I enjoy eating a large meal in the evening. Usually, if that comes later in the evening, it totally precludes an evening run at a reasonable hour. Tonight, although I had a heavy meal of Chinese food (greasy, salty), it was early enough to let me digest enough to overcome my SLOTH and get out. I thought I'd be a bloated potato with lead feet after that meal, but I actually felt quite good once I got going, and really kicked it in the end to get in under 32:00 (for a 3.5 mile run which I have run in under 30:00). But since I hurt my calf, this is still pretty good for down to Chewacla and back.
Playlist
Dirty Water -the Standells (Sox cream the Phillies)
Joyce No. 5 -Johnson Mkhalali (SA scores first goal in the World Cup!)
Opera Singer -CAKE
London Calling -the Clash
Get Up Offa That Thing -James Brown
The Rain Song -Led Zeppelin
Mushroom Men -Les Claypool
Gimme Three Steps -Lynyrd Skynyrd
Times
L1 9:16
L2 7:21
L3 7:32
L4 6:54
L5 0:41
Total 31:45
Distance 3.5 miles
Cumulative Distance 29.7 (not looking good for 100 miles this month, so far)
Friday, June 11, 2010
Couple of days off again.
Labels:
cake,
Chewacla,
James Brown,
Led Zeppelin,
skynyrd,
SLOTH,
standells,
the clash
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment