Last day of June. Did I run 20 times? Nope. Did I attain 100 logged miles? Nope. What happened? My diagnosis is that I haven't been able to adjust my schedule to accommodate running. Why? For one thing (which I can't control), the weather makes running no fun during the hours I'm accustomed to going out. Running at night is an option, though I usually find myself doing other things, and there's a relatively narrow window of opportunity to head out. If I don't get out between 9 and 10, there's not going out. And I'm not a morning person, so mornings are out as well. What to do?
Today, I did get out, with the goal of getting up to at least 45 miles. I didn't quite make it, though I'm now over 40 for the month of June and that's a big improvement over last month. I went out on a route I haven't hit for a while, down the bike path and back. After the hiatus prior to Monday's effort, I didn't feel great out there. I did stop and walk between the Ogletree stop sign and the first road there (Estate Ave.), so you know it wasn't going well. But I made it back, and am not too beat up (at least I'm not feeling it yet). July? who knows.
Playlist -an all-Bowie set. I'm quite hung up on Bowie at present, if you couldn't tell.
Life On Mars? -From "Hunky Dory"
All The Madmen -From "The Man Who Sold The World"
Diamond Dogs -From "Diamond Dogs"
It Ain't Easy -From "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars"
Space Oddity -From "Space Oddity"
Black Country Rock -From "The Man Who Sold The World"
The Man Who Sold The World -From "The Man Who Sold The World"
Queen Bitch -From "Hunky Dory"
Kooks -From "Hunky Dory"
Suffragette City -From "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars"
Rebel Rebel -From "Diamond Dogs"
Changes -From "Hunky Dory"
Andy Warhol -From "Hunky Dory"
Moonage Daydream -From "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars"
The Width of A Circle -From "The Man Who Sold The World"
Times
L1 8:55
L2 7:27
L3 14:45
L4 9:35
L5 5:53 (Canary Dr. to Wright's Mill)
L6 8:13
L7 2:20 (walking)
L8 6:50
L9 0:57
Total 1:04:54. Not a terrible time, considering.
Distance: 6.6 miles (previously I've measured this as 6.2 or 6.4 miles?)
Cumulative Distance: 42.1 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment