Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Day of Rest was a Good Idea

Felt much better today. Good enough to run 10.2 miles. It was warm out there, and I probably should plan on running this route in much warmer weather without some sort of rehydration scheme. Down Ogletree Road and back, then down to Chewacla and home. Another all-African playlist. Why do I like African music for long runs? I think because most of the songs I listen to are amazingly upbeat, and they're also typically longer than pop songs, so I can listen to a few of them and keep a mood going.

Playlist
Makojo -Chief Osita Osadebe
Sweeper Soul -Super Mambo 69
Dadje Von O Von Non -Gnonnas Pedro et Ses Dadjes
River Luv Rite -Oneness of Juju
Marie Jose -Ryco Jazz
No Condition Is Permanent -Marijata
Indoda Yejazi Elimnyama -Amaswazi Emvelo
Lela-Lela -Kanda Bongo Man
Honton Soukpo Gnon -Antoine Dougbe
Qhude Manikiniki -Umahlathini Nabo
Afro Funk -Peter King
Cantique -Kanda Bongo Man
Gaweizo -Moussa Poussy
El Son Te Llama -Orchestra Baobab
Coumba -Orchestra Baobab
Soyeya -Saadou Bori
Howkouna -Ali Farka Toure

Times
L1 (Home-Stop Sign) 8:29
L2 (SS-Windway) 11:53
L3 (W-Moore's Mill) 18:31
L4 (MM-W) 19:00
L5 (W-SS) 12:41
L6 (SS-Chewacla) 7:53
L7 (C-SS) 8:13
L8 (SS-Home) 9:03
Total 1:36:42. Slower on all the return lengths. Oh well, a long run is still a good run, if it doesn't hurt me.

No comments: