I took yesterday off, because of my calf. I ran in a 5k race today, feeling a little better. Now, it feels a bit worse, so the rest is probably a good idea. I will take a few days up now.
I ran just a little under 24:00 again, a few seconds better than the last one. I felt pretty good during the race for the most part. There were a lot of runners, and the race was not well organized, sad to say. I stood in line for a good while to get registered, which I hadn't done for ahead of time, and the course map never did appear before the race. The local politicians, mainly judges, were pressing the flesh. And fortunately I ran into my good friend Penny, figuratively speaking, who was helping with the finish line. The course started at the Art Museum, down Woodfield and up Gay to Virginia, then down Wright's Mill to Loftin, and back up Gay to Woodfield and around the pond to the finish in front of the museum. Once again, the last big hill was a spot for me to overtake several folks. I was hoping to shave a bit of time off my previous attempt, and am a little disappointed in that. Given my calf, and a slight hangover after celebrating my friend's successful defense last night, I guess it's all right.
Playlist
Rastafari Is -Peter Tosh
Marie Jose -Ryco Jazz
Cantique -Kanda Bongo Man
Let Forever Be -Chemical Brothers
Wow and Flutter -Stereolab
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment